Sunday, October 4, 2009

Palouse whale sightings, pt. 5: the "Logician" pulls rank

Joe Campbell couldn't of course actually bring himself deal with the content of anything that I wrote, as he would have to acknowledge that he's wrong. His whale of an ego, and his inability to use simple logic, show through loud and clear in the way that he chose to respond.
You can't tell me, on the one hand, that your monkey jokes aren't offensive and, on the other hand, that you're interested in RATIONAL DISCOURSE. You're interested in pissing people off, period.

As for rational discourse, 250 folks signed up for my logic course at WSU this fall. How many signed up for your class?

Let me know when you want to run up to Spokane and test whether your jokes are offensive or not. I'm ready when you are! Until then, we can assume that you know they are offensive, which is WHY you tell them.

If hiding behind privilege in an effort to insult and harrass minorities doesn't constitute racism, what does?
I let Mr. Campbell, this self-described "logician," know how much I thought of his fallacious reasoning:
Joe Campbell wrote:
{{ You can't tell me, on the one hand, that your monkey jokes aren't offensive }}

That, right there, can be Exhibit A if any of the 250 suckers who signed up for Mr. Campbell's logic course should decide they want to sue him for false advertising. Based on his interactions with me here, I have to conclude Mr. Campbell can't even read a sentence. After committing multiple genetic fallacies and abusive and circumstantial ad hominem errors, as well as association fallacies, Mr. Campbell then turns around and boasts about the number of students in his logic class. Somebody owes 250 ripped-off consumers a full refund.

Now please feel free to move your lips if it aids comprehension in reading this. First of all, I don't have monkey jokes. I don't even have one monkey joke. The monkey joke belongs to Roy Blunt. I am not Roy Blunt. Apparently the joke was a favorite of Mr. Blunt even before Obama became president, which I suppose proves that Blunt's racism is not a recent phenomenon. He must have danced a little jig when Obama got elected because finally, after all these years, he had a real living target in his sights upon which he could discharge his vile racist joke. The moral of the story is, never mention monkeys in a joke, because monkey=Negro and Negro=monkey. That IS your point, is it not, Mr. Campbell? (Proverbs 26:4-5)

{{ If hiding behind privilege in an effort to insult and harrass [sic] minorities doesn't constitute racism, what does? }}

I know it's not polite to answer a question with a question, but if shearing billy goats in an effort to intimidate and frighten Holstein cows doesn't constitute speciousness, what does? I stand guilty as charged, your honor. Off with me head!

No comments:

Post a Comment